Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AZ2

Default AZ

Screw +hole original
    @Bob, look at that fuse on the side ...
    In my opinion, it's original even though it's a little abrasive. Yet it is the original. This hole indicates the possibility ...
    15460-1_600x600@2x.jpg
    Last edited by AKON; 06.02.2018 at 20:17.

az1.jpgaz1kzaz1.jpgaz2.jpgaz11.jpg

Nice article ! It is indeed correct that the name/number of the fuze had to do with the manufacturer. (in terms of production price) This meant that both fuzes (referring to AZ 1 <-> AZ 2) were both two low-cost fuzes , and two fairly different fuzes. As both manufacturers were aiming for cost reduction/efficiency. In attachment several images I found on the AZ 1 - AZ 1/1 - kzAZ 1 & AZ 2

Default AZ 1 , AZ 2 ..

@Zndr
    Are some fuse just unscrewed from the body?

Unscrewed & then used? I have no idea to be honest. Have been asking myself that question too , but I think not. (But u never know) A6189F2F-946C-45E7-9015-35FBF82F18AE.jpeg D3E3B48D-2BB0-4AF9-A50E-ED30C85B1716.jpeg

I think its unlikely they did that though. It would be very impractical to do + most likely have an effect on the ballistics of a shell if used that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zndr View Post
    I think its unlikely they did that though. It would be very impractical to do + most likely have an effect on the ballistics of a shell if used that way.
    On some fuse you can see the soil...

Yeah, my personal opinion or idea on it is that they possibly did use them that way , unscrewed. Theres several factors that lead me to that idea , 1 being , the top being closed or open . Open ones were most likely used regularly. By the way , did the A.Z. 1/2 ever go into production or not? Most sources say no, or have little information on it. (Manufacturer of AZ 2 apparantly was more cost efficient , therefor 1/2 did not go into production. Is really all I know)

Quote Originally Posted by Zndr View Post
    Yeah, my personal opinion or idea on it is that they possibly did use them that way , unscrewed. Theres several factors that lead me to that idea , 1 being , the top being closed or open . Open ones were most likely used regularly. By the way , did the A.Z. 1/2 ever go into production or not? Most sources say no, or have little information on it. (Manufacturer of AZ 2 apparantly was more cost efficient , therefor 1/2 did not go into production. Is really all I know)
    For a funded answer to a question about production, you need documents that are not necessarily common to soldiers. If you are dealing with a claim that will not be supported by a verifiable document, you will suffer the number of products. (What I do not have)
    The only thing that will surely illuminate the WAmt or similar institutions within the army ...

Research in this field is not in such a state as to give "dense summaries," backed by papers collected across Europe, the US, Russia, etc.

There are no archive inventories in the state that go through the titles of individual documents (perhaps sometimes folders only) and often not even. Besides, the question of the production of any device in the state is a duel between generals about resources, and as we know they are always limited ...
    In addition, the guns competed and lobbied (as it was with bribes .. not). So wait here to write the numbers / types of lighters and the company and WAmt is in vain for me I do not have
    Often, museums do not have an inventory of what they really stock, so if you want a whole thing, you can start doing research and start sharing your information.
    Goals, forms, motivations why everyone is doing different ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2