Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sehr interessant! Merci!
    Polieren - Nein Danke! Die Patina ist die Würde des Gegenstandes.

Bin für einen schönen WK1 Granatenzünder immer zu haben...

Default Panzerfaust factory

Hello Aitor,

For some reason I cannot see the uploaded images you posted. Are they someplace else that I must look?

Thanks
    V.44

Quote Originally Posted by ballistarius View Post
    Hello everybody,
    Signal magazine on its issue 3/45 pag 12 published a series of six photos illustrating stages in the production of Panzerfaust (seemingly, the 60 model). They were taken by PK Hanns Hubmann. They are the only such ones that I have ever seen (Please, tell me I am utterly wrong!! )
    On the first one, we can see several women installint sights and triggers on the already made tubes. Inscriptions on the tubes are of the stencilled kind.

Hi V.44,

They are hosted at Photobucket. You should see (also copy & paste, etc.) them without problem in this forum...
    Aitor

It's all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever. Rolf Steiner

Very good photos Aitor,

Under the circumstances, and considering the kinds of materials they were dealing with, I am not
    at all suprised that such a factory would have very few people walking around with cameras taking
    pictures of exactly how, and what the process consisted of. In my own line of work ( medical implant
    devices for spinal reconstruction and other implants ) we are constantly forbidding tours of doctors
    walking through from taking pictures of the way we make what we make. It is all proprietary information.

In those cases, sabotage would be the more feared consequence of knowlege of where and how to
    liquidate a weapons factory.

It is a wonder those pictures survive at all.

Good find!

V.44

PS- I can't seem to find the way to send private messages, please send me one, so I can read and reply, and we will
    see if I can get the spring steel for fins mailed to you! It sould be able to be cut with
    hardened metal cutting shears with very good precision.

Signal magazine is a source full of information about WW2 German weapons. Unfortunately (for my interests )
    there are only a few photos of Panzerfausts, and these ones are by far the most interesting ones. I am glad that you like them.
    Happy New Year 2012 to everybody!

Hi V.44,

Many thanks, PM sent!
    Aitor

It's all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever. Rolf Steiner

I was thinking a long time what's in nr 5 photo... and discovered nothing. I think, that the picture title is misleading - it's not control but just assembly operation. We can see technological crates (without covers) used to move items from one manufacturing point to another. There is no doubts that Panzerschrecks in the first crate are finished. But second crate - I see assembled tubes, rather without projectiles tails. Of course apart from the left launcher - completed like in the previous box. This one was moved from the first crate. Why? I took part in several weapon presentation for TV or magazines and sometimes I heard: ... and now take this and do... . I really don't like such situation. I think that there is another stock of tails, not visible here. So the first man should be responsible for inserting tails into tubes while another one - putting warheads. Maybe it was deliberately disinformation, or not...
    Of course these photos are the most beautiful from these published in german newspapers.

Daumen hoch

AWESOME PIX,thanks for sharing.....
    Last edited by mbigdawgcp; 23.01.2012 at 19:07.

Hi, Przemek!

Your approach is really interesting and who knows what was really happening when the photo was taken...

Anyway, I tend to think of deliberate disinformation. The two Panzerfausts held by the men have been apparently 'casually' removed each one from the nearest crate and they have clearly no tail inside or outside the tube. Only enough detail can be discerned from the foremost crate and I think that the three Panzerfausts inside are complete, with their tails inside the tubes. I've marked the telltale darker areas (most tails were little or totally unpainted) at the base of the warheads.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Aitor

Quote Originally Posted by Przemek View Post
    There is no doubts that Panzerschrecks in the first crate are finished.
    .... I took part in several weapon presentation for TV or magazines and sometimes I heard: ...
    Przemek, please, this are "Panzerfaust", not Panzerschreck.

Hi, Przemek!
    Your approach is really interesting and who knows what was really happening when the photo was taken...
    Anyway, I tend to think of deliberate disinformation...
    Friends, in 1945 the German Panzerfaust was not more secret, but was well known in the Allied forces. However, maybe the photographer did not know this.

Dscheto,
    Oh, yes, I know that the Allies knew perfectly how a complete Panzerfaust looked like
    Notwithstanding, paranoid thoughts from the Signal publishers is the best logical explanation I can found for that extrange 'trick'
    Though published in 1945, photos could be a little earlier. The attachments in the warheads are still the typical '60' ones and not the later '100' ones...
    Publication of Signal magazine was suspended in the second half of 1944 only to be resumed in 1945. Maybe they had a lot of material left from 1944 and little 'interesting' to photograph or talk about in 1945...
    Aitor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast