Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default 82mm BM-8 Katyusha rocket

I am looking for a cutaway drawing of a 82mm BM-8 Katyusha rocket. Who can help me on that?
    Thanks in advance , regards, DJH
    You wanna make a piece of ammo look interesting? .......cut it!

Looking for / Suche noch:
    -8,8cm Pzgr.40.

Thank you for that documents!

I found that picture of two different fuzed rockets, the subtitle says:
    РС-82 с контактным и дистанционным взрывателями

Can someone help me please with the translation (Google-Translator just says "RS-82 with contact and remote fuses", and in German it's "... mit Kontakt- und Fernsicherungen" ?!?!?) and maybe identify the second fuze?

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images

РС-82 с контактным и дистанционным взрывателями
    It literally means "RS-82 with contact and distance fuzes", what translates to "RS-82 with impact and time fuzes" - in Russian a time fuze is refered to as a distance fuze (not to be confused with a proximity fuze ), or historically quite often as a "distance tube" or even a "tube", hence the e.g. AGDT fuze - literally "aerial head distance tube", meaning aerial nose time fuze. Then we have e.g. TM-4 and TM-24 bomb time fuzes with mechanical clockworks, with TM designations abbreviated from "mechanical tube" (Trubka Mekhanicheskaya).

I think none of the fuzes in the picture is a time one - the one at the right appears to be an AM-A, the left one is too small for a time fuze (wasn't there a variant of the AM without the vane?). But, first of all, I have no idea, what variant of the rocket is shown in the photo, as this warhead shape is really strange... There were some a little bit similar variants (signal, chemical or so), but I couldn't find an exact match.
    Last edited by Grzesio; 30.10.2018 at 09:55.

The RS-82 is the aircraft variant with the serrated warhead and respective fuzing. Not to be confused with the M-8.

"Distance fuze" in fact means only "time fuze" in Russian and that is the correct designation for the AGDT as it has NO impact feature. A time fuze with impact feature would be in Russian "dvoiogo deystvia" = "double effect".
    Ich suche Wissen!

SCIENTIA POTENTIA EST!

Wer nichts weiß muss alles glauben!

Und wer toleriert uns?

Studiert den Hooton-Plan, den Kaufman-Plan und den Morgenthau-Plan!

Ich bin verantwortlich für das was ich sage, nicht dafür was jemand anders versteht!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UkmhtoXCPA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aw9aRyjLcI

The RS-82 is the aircraft variant with the serrated warhead and respective fuzing.
    Although there were RS-82 variants with circumferential grooves on the warhead only or just with a smooth warhead, practically unrecognisable from the M-8.

"dvoiogo deystvia"
    "Dvoinovo" to be more precise - with n, then the written ending "ogo" is actually pronounced as "ovo".

Oh, how I love this forum, there seem to be no questions for which no answer is found.

Wiki helped me to find this:

the earliest known use by the Soviet Air Force of aircraft-launched unguided anti-aircraft Rockets in combat against heavier-than-air aircraft took place in August 1939, during the Battle of Khalkhin Gol. A group of Polikarpov I-16 fighters under command of Captain N. Zvonarev were using RS-82 rockets against Japanese aircraft, shooting down 16 fighters and 3 bombers in total.

For this use the time-fuze makes sence, so the russians were successful in fighting enemy bombers with unguidet rockets much earlier than the germans did...

Greetings
    Bob

the earliest known use by the Soviet Air Force of aircraft-launched unguided anti-aircraft Rockets in combat against heavier-than-air aircraft took place in August 1939, during the Battle of Khalkhin Gol. A group of Polikarpov I-16 fighters under command of Captain N. Zvonarev were using RS-82 rockets against Japanese aircraft, shooting down 16 fighters and 3 bombers in total.
    Probably not and this event was created by Soviet propaganda.
    Russian author, A.B. Shirokorad, discovered a book (published internally for armed forces or so), which was even secret until 2000, analysing day by day and hour by hour activity of aviation during the Khalkhin Gol campaign. To his surprise, according to the book, there were no rocket armed I-16 there, but the I-153. Then, the aerial combat with rockets on August 20 never took place - Soviet aviation was active on that day but in other areas and performing other sorties. And finally, the book does not mention ANY aerial victory acheved with a rocket during the Kh-G battles.
    Last edited by Grzesio; 30.10.2018 at 11:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Grzesio View Post
    Although there were RS-82 variants with circumferential grooves on the warhead only or just with a smooth warhead, practically unrecognisable from the M-8.

"Dvoinovo" to be more precise - with n, then the written ending "ogo" is actually pronounced as "ovo".
    My typing in IE dropps letters for some reason like it happened above. I meant to type "dvoinogo" as it is spelled correctly in Russian - to be even more precise.
    "Dvoinovo" is only the phonetic variant.
    Ich suche Wissen!

SCIENTIA POTENTIA EST!

Und wer toleriert uns?

Ich bin verantwortlich für das was ich sage, nicht dafür was jemand anders versteht!

Quote Originally Posted by Munibob View Post
    Oh, how I love this forum, there seem to be no questions for which no answer is found.

Wiki helped me to find this:

For this use the time-fuze makes sence, so the russians were successful in fighting enemy bombers with unguidet rockets much earlier than the germans did...

Greetings
    Bob
    Bob, I wonder how difficult this must be with time fuzed rockets. Maybe some strong Soviet patriotizm in these claims?
    Ich suche Wissen!

SCIENTIA POTENTIA EST!

Und wer toleriert uns?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast