Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Russian 22 sek fuze

Hi,
    I am looking for some info on the 22 sec fuze on the right side of the picture.
    Both fuzes were manufactured by STZ (CT3) in 1916.
    The fuze on the right has brass body, which is a little shorter. It makes the overall length of the fuze shorter.
    It has the designation 60 in the circle on the rings.

Thanks, Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images

„A mind needs books like sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge“
    Tyrion Lannister

Hi,
    I have got some pictures of the brass body fuzes from the web. Some of them have even numbers on the rings in nearly the same position. The numbers are not in the circle. There was a theory raised, that the number could refer to the powder used in the ring.

I also do not have any other 22 sec fuzes to compare the manufacture years in Samarsky Trubocny Zavod (STZ) to see if 1916 was the year they changed the material of the body from brass to aluminium.

There is one more question about this fuze that my hungarian friends can answer (please see pic) and help me with the translation. There seems to be a variant where the impact mechanism is removed and replaced with powder. All I have is this picture but no description (my hungarian is non existing so it would not help much anyway )

Cheers, Bob

Tyrion Lannister

I have the same one but made in 1917.

It's stamped "PG" on the head with a large "X" below and a stroke out unreadable factory stamp (but not STZ).

Also on the bottom side it's marked "1917r", "PG" and "X" with a "205STZ" stamp and also russian star + "1930r" (I think revised).

It doesn't have the round stamps on the rings. There were french produced 22-sec fuzes with this changed design but itseems these had different stamps.
    "Die Geschosse sollen, durch die Kraft der Pulvergase mit großer Geschwindigkeit aus dem Rohr geschleudert, am Ziel lebende Wesen außer Gefecht setzen oder Gebrauchsgegenstände des Gegners zerstören" [Pulkowski] -> Das sollte man nie vergessen

Bob, are there any markings on the contact surface to the shell body near the thread?
    Ich suche Wissen!

SCIENTIA POTENTIA EST!

Wer nichts weiß muss alles glauben!

Und wer toleriert uns?

Studiert den Hooton-Plan, den Kaufman-Plan und den Morgenthau-Plan!

Ich bin verantwortlich für das was ich sage, nicht dafür was jemand anders versteht!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UkmhtoXCPA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aw9aRyjLcI

Can I take a picture of me available Russian 22-second, STZ, 1916 if interested? It has a composition of two materials: brass / aluminum if I remember ...

Sure, it would be great to see.
    Ich suche Wissen!

SCIENTIA POTENTIA EST!

Und wer toleriert uns?

Ich bin verantwortlich für das was ich sage, nicht dafür was jemand anders versteht!

Here are some more pics of the fuze.

I have also seen another alluminium P fuze made in Samara in 1915.

Bob
    Last edited by Nabob; 07.04.2019 at 08:43.

Tyrion Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Nabob View Post
    Here are some more pics of the fuze.

I have also seen another alluminium P fuze made in Samara in 1915.

Bob
    22P ,Samara 1916,lot 191 .IMG_20190407_092729.jpg
    Last edited by AKON; 07.04.2019 at 10:54.

Guys, thank you very much!!!!!!
    Ich suche Wissen!

SCIENTIA POTENTIA EST!

Und wer toleriert uns?

Default 22 sek

Quote Originally Posted by Nabob View Post
    Hi,
    I have got some pictures of the brass body fuzes from the web. Some of them have even numbers on the rings in nearly the same position. The numbers are not in the circle. There was a theory raised, that the number could refer to the powder used in the ring.

I also do not have any other 22 sec fuzes to compare the manufacture years in Samarsky Trubocny Zavod (STZ) to see if 1916 was the year they changed the material of the body from brass to aluminium.

There is one more question about this fuze that my hungarian friends can answer (please see pic) and help me with the translation. There seems to be a variant where the impact mechanism is removed and replaced with powder. All I have is this picture but no description (my hungarian is non existing so it would not help much anyway )

Cheers, Bob
    22.jpg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast